Annesley Old Church

References

Archival Sources

Southwell Diocesan Archives, Nottinghamshire Archives, County House, Castle Meadow Road, Nottingham NG2 1AG

Parish Records: Annesley

2828; 2845; 2846; 2847; 2848; 2849; 2854; 2857

Nottinghamshire Local Studies Library, Nottingham Central Library, Angel Row, Nottingham
Annesley All Saints

Historic Buildings Record, Heritage Department, Nottinghamshire County Council, County Hall, West Bridgford, Nottingham NG2 7QP

Bibliographic Sources

Transactions of the Thoroton Society

Baylay, A M Y: Annesley Old Church Vol 16 pp 1-5

Frost, A E: Note on the brass of William Breton 1595 Vol 16 pp 165-166

Guilford, E L: Nottinghamshire in 1676 Vol 28 106-13

Truman, Nevil: Ancient Glass in Nottinghamshire Vol 51 pp 50-65

Bayes, S C: Nineteenth Century Notes on Nottinghamshire Churches Vol 80 pp 83-85

Brooke, C J: Survey of Nottinghamshire Church Bell-frames: interim report Vol 87 pp 46-53

Published Sources

Archbishop Herring’s Visitation, Yorkshire Archaeological Society: 77 (1930)

Cox, J C, The Churches of Nottinghamshire (1912)

Dawson, G, The Church Bells of Nottinghamshire. Part 1 (1994)

Lyons, F P, The Hills of Annesley

Mabbs, G, The Churches in Nottinghamshire: provision of public worship (1879)

Pearson, D R, The Annesley Story

Simpson, Rev R, State of the Church in the County of Nottingham and Diocese of York (1836)

Thoroton, R, Antiquities of Nottinghamshire 1677 (Throsby’s Edition, 1796)

Train, K S S (ed), Lists of the Clergy of Central Nottinghamshire (Thoroton Society Record Series, 20 (1961)

Walkerdine, H and Buxton, A, Old Churches of the Mansfield Deanery (1907)

Watts, M R (ed), Religion in Victorian Nottinghamshire: the Religious Census of 1851 (University of Nottingham, Adult Education Dept., 1988)

Webster, W F (ed), Protestation Returns 1641-2

Unpublished Sources

Siveyer, Jane A, A Survey of the Old All Saints Church at Annesley, Nottinghamshire, and its Environs (University of Nottingham, Department of Classical and Archaeological Studies, 1988)

Kirkby and District Conservation Society, Sundry records, photographs and written materials.