For this church:
When the tower of the present church was completed in 1876, six bells were hung. Five bells came from the old church and a new one, struck especially for the new church, was added.
Details of the extra bell, making No 6 of the ring, are:
Sadly, all these bells were completely destroyed in the fire of 1907.
When the church was rebuilt and restored to use in 1909, the architects concluded that, because of the effects of the fire, the tower was no longer strong enough to carry a peal of heavy bells. A set of tubular bells was installed and this was used for ringing until the beginning of the second world war in 1939. During the war the tubular bells were not rung and by 1945 they had deteriorated to such an extent that they were unusable.
The provision of electricity in the church in 1945 enabled a record system and appropriate amplification to be installed. A derivative of this is still in use today.