Aslockton St Thomas
Features and Fittings
| The altar and reredos
The panelled oak reredos dates from 1955. The inscription on a wooden plaque nearby reads:
THIS TABLET AND OAK REREDOS
WERE PLACED HERE BY PARISHIONERS
IN GRATEFUL MEMORY OF
FREDERICK THOMAS STOKES
FOR HIS LIFE OF FAITHFUL
SERVICE TO THIS CHURCH AS
WARDEN, CHORISTER AND
The wooden altar rail sits on elaborate scrolled iron stands.
In the recess of the south chancel window is a corbelled piscina and moulded stone seat.
The octagonal pulpit has trefoil headed open panels, a cross foot and steps with a braced handrail. It is made of oak.
There is a cross foot lectern with round stem.
The iron-clad wooden poor box is located at the west end of the south arcade.
In the choir are panelled oak stalls and desks with fretwork panels.
Five ornate wrought iron pendant lamps and two similarly-styled lamps on brackets.