For this church:
Bestwood Village St Mark
The single bell at St Mark’s is hung for swing chiming and set in a wooden bell-cote beneath the apex at the west end of the church. It has a tiled roof with the bell being rung from inside the nave. It is surmounted by a cross. The bell is 19⅞” in diameter, weighing 1cwt 2qtrs 5lbs. It is dated 1818, so it is older than the church and must be second hand. George Dawson visited the site in 2001 stating that from the style of numbering, the bell was cast by Thomas Mears II.