Bingham St Mary and All Saints

Pictures

Click on any thumbnail image to display the full-size picture. This is only a selection of pictures for this entry. See other pages for further pictures, especially those on Fittings, Glass and Monuments.

Historical Pictures:

Drawing by Samuel
Hieronymus Grimm
from c1775
(Note the clock and
structure on the choir
vestry wall)
Throsby’s drawing
from the 1790s
Painting of the
church dated 1855
19th Century drawing
from before 1873
when the roof
was raised
The church from
the street in 1901
The south side in 1909
(covered in ivy)
The north side of
the church in 1910
Drawing of the
entrance dated 1963

The chancel

in 1901

The interior looking east
in 1909 (Note the Frank
Miles screen still in place)
The east end
before 1913
The chancel at some time
between 1913 and 1919
(Note the Caröe stalls
with the Miles screen)
The interior with no screen
(The old one has been
removed, but the new one
not yet installed.)
The interior in 1927 The west end in 1952
before the installation
of the west screen
The bells and clock on
the ground in 1922

Modern Photographs:

The church from
the south-east
View from the
north-east
The east end from
the outside
The interior
looking east
The interior of the
nave looking west
Carved nest of a
house-martin over
the porch
The lychgate A 17th Century
gravestone
in the
churchyard
The main window in
the south transept
The Caröe reredos The effigy of Sir
Richard de Bingham
Statuette of
Ann Harrison
The font

The chancel screen,

now a War Memorial

High-level doorway
and old roof line
on the west wall
The clock mechanism