For this church:
There are three stained-glass windows in the church, all other windows being glazed with lozenges of cathedral glass.
A very colourful three-light window, depicting in the main lights St Peter, St John and St James. Three angels in tracery quatrefoils together proclaim: “HOLY HOLY HOLY”.
It carries the inscription:
The maker has not been identified. It is assumed that the glass dates from the rebuilding of 1869.
One of the older windows in the church with most of the tracery replaced. It has a pair of stained glass lights, likely to be 19th century, each with a trefoil head under a round arch, over which there is a central quatrefoil filling the arc. On the left is a depiction of the Baptism of Jesus and on the right Jesus with children.
The maker and the date of the installation is not known. With its obvious connection to Baptism and the near proximity of the font it may have been installed at the same time as the new font 1853, but there is no evidence to support this.
This is the easternmost window in the south wall of the nave.
The glass is the work of Christopher Whall and is a fine example of his work. It was installed in 1910 and is a memorial to Henry Lewis Williams, a vicar of St Mary’s for twenty-two years. It has three narrow round-topped lights filled with squared leaded glazing. In the centre light is the blue robed figure of St Mary with the child Jesus, the two side lights depicting angels playing musical instruments.
The principal inscription (continuous text above and below the figures) is the opening words of the Magnificat:
In the lower right-hand corner is a small panel inscribed: