Bulwell
St John

Glass

There are five very beautiful coloured east windows, which were the gift of Mrs Cantrell in memory of her husband who conceived the idea of this church.

On an alabaster table, placed in the chancel above the foundation stone is the inscription:

In the Reverence of God the windows in this chancel are dedicated to the beloved and honoured memory of William Henry Cantrell, M.A., rector of this parish from the 13th of August, 1865 to the 7th of September 1890, when he entered into rest, being permitted to see the fulfilment of his wish, the completion of this church, on St James’ day, 1890