For this church:
Core fabric mainly 12th to 14th Century
Rebuilding of chancel 1869
South arcade early 12th Century
North arcade, chancel arch, both arcades extended 1 bay west 13th Century
Clerestory 15th Century
Tower 14th to 15th Century
Significant Interior Features
North arcade, 2 round pillars, square plinths, plain square capitals, early thCentury
South arcade, 2 round pillars (re-used), square plinths, square capitals with stylised foliage, late 12th Century
Chancel arch, 13th Century
Tower arch, 14th Century
Carving behind pulpit (2 doves), 13th Century
Tomb recess in south aisle, 14th Century
Piscinas in north (with re-used gravemarker) and south aisles and chancel, 14th Century
Brackets in north aisle ? 15th to 16th Century
Timbers and roofs
During the 1869 restoration all timber was renewed, except for some woodwork in the tower. This has not been expertly dated.
New frame in 2000 for 6 bells, full-circle ringing, replacing one installed in 1936 for 3 bells for chiming.
Modular construction, welded steel sections with cross-bracing. Clamped on to existing steel girders mounted into tower masonry.
With thanks to Dr Christopher Brooke for help with