For this church:
Clarborough St John the Baptist
The original churchyard is roughly rectangular in shape but tapers sharply towards the west. It covers an area of 0.75 hectares.
Maps show that the churchyard has been extended by 0.25 hectares on the east side at some point in the second half of the 20th century.
The church is situated in the centre of the churchyard and is surrounded by burials on all sides.
The lychgate at the entrance to the church was was erected in 1897 by Emily Garland in memory of her uncle, William Birks. A small plaque reads:
Burials of interest
One of the earliest grave markers is to Mary, daughter of Richard and Theodothea Fluerin, who died in 1740 aged 8
Joseph Marsh of Moorgate in Clarborough parish was drowned in the River Idle at Ordsall on the night of 5th February 1867. A newspaper report of the time calls him a 'well-known Retford bricklayer' and notes that he had been drinking in Elkesley and Ordsall.
Frances Seals, head mistress of Clarborough School for 30 years, died 16 September 1925 aged 75
William, third son of George Spencer, killed in action at the Battle of Langemarck, France, on 22 April 1915 aged 23