Clayworth St Peter
Features and Fittings
Restored cusped head piscina
Wooden and wrought-iron altar rails with an inscription reading:
IN LOVING MEMORY OF EMMA HAYWARD
19th century (and later) choir stalls of pierced and turned oak, two of which have 17th century scrolled ends and poppyheads and two have 16th century plain ends.
There is a plaque at the west end of the south choir stalls that reads:
THIS RECTOR’S STALL
IN MEMORY OF
CLIFTON DAVID FRANK WATERS
A FAITHFUL RECTOR OF
1925 – 1953
17th century hourglass stone font
19th century traceried panelled pulpit
Plain lectern on a turned shaft
19th century large-bore heating system with stacked tube radiators with zigzag ornament.
Embroidery in a wood and glass case on the north wall made 'to celebrate the completion of the Community Tower Project 2011-12'
At the west end of the north aisle is an oil painting of the church dated 1859.
A plaque nearby reads:
THIS BEAUTIFUL OIL PAINTING WAS PAINTED BY
J.J. HIGBY AND IS DATED 1859. IT WAS PRESENTED BY ERNEST
NAPIER COOPER O.B.E. AND RESTORED DURING 2005 BY DIAN HALL,
THROUGH THE GENEROSITY OF CHRIS GULL
IN MEMORY OF HIS WIFE, BELLE.
E.N.COOPER O.B.E. WAS THE GRANDSON OF ALLAN COOPER AND SARAH PALMER
WHO WERE MARRIED HERE ON JULY 1ST 1842.
The south porch contains a 15th century stoup.