For this church:
Clifton St Francis
One fitted originally in the tower in 1957, 17.5 ins., made by John Taylor & Co., hung dead from a steel girder with chiming clapper, weighing 1 cwt. 18 lbs..
In 2007 a faculty was applied for to provide a new peal of six bells with new fittings and a new steel ‘lowside’ bell frame. Five new bells were to be cast with a tenor bell of approximately 2½ cwt. and sounding the note E, utilising the existing single bell as the second bell. All the work to be done by Hayward Mills Associates, Bellfounders and Bellhangers.
Hayward Mills were endeavoring to complete the work so that the bells could be dedicated by the Bishop at the 50th anniversary on 7 October 2007. But in August one of the glass louvres fell off the tower just missing the vicar. All the louvres were immediately removed, but Haywards suggested a revision of the faculty before carrying out any further work. However the project was finished on time and the bells duly dedicated by the Bishop of Southwell on 7 October.
The treble was cast by Hayward Mills Associates.