For this church:
Clifton St Mary
The turret clock is by Bosworth of Nottingham, undated, but Reuben Bosworth was active c.1830-80 and it is likely to date from this time, perhaps from either the 1846 or the 1873-4 restorations. It is mounted in a simple, cast-iron frame and has both going and striking trains.
1905: Contract for maintenance of clock with Messrs Cope & Co. renewed.
1950: Clock dial painted by Messrs Furse & Co.
1973: Clock dial restored.