For this church:
Cossall St Catherine
Nottinghamshire Archives Office
Parish Records PR CL-CU Cossall : St Catherine, Baptisms from 1654, Marriages from 1663, Burials from 1654.
Records currently waiting accessioning by Nottinghamshire Archive Office
Preacher’s Book 1876 to 1887
The University of Nottingham, Manuscripts and Special Collections
AN/PB 292/5/43 Churchwarden Presentment, Cossall, Nottingham Deanery 8.5.1596
The University of Nottingham, East Midlands Special Collection
Whyld, Christopher Martin, 1987. Cossall and the Willoughbys 1500 – 1700: The Acquisition and Exploitation of a Manor. (MA Dissertation) [Not 99.D25 WHY]
Austin, M. Editor, 2004. ‘Under the Heavy Clouds’: The Church of England in Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire 1911-1915, The Parochial Visitation of Bishop Edwyn Hoskyns, p.214.
Becket, John, Ed, Nottinghamshire Past: Essays in honour of Adrian Henstock, 2003 pp. 7-18.
Billson, Peter, Churches in Nottinghamshire, pp. 62-3.
Brown, Cornellius, 1891, A History of Nottinghamshire, pp. 233-4.
Cox, J. Charles, 1912, County Churches – Nottinghamshire, pp. 70-1.
Dawson, George A. The Church Bells of Nottinghamshire, p 46.
Doubleday, W. E. May 26 1945. Nottinghamshire Guardian, Nottinghamshire Villages, Cossall, Pioneer of Local Coalmining.
Doubleday, W. E, June 2 1945, Nottinghamshire Guardian, Nottinghamshire Villages, The Last 600 Years of Cossall’s History.
Gray, Duncan, Ed, Newstead Priory Cartulary 1344 & Other Archives, Translated by Violet Walker, BA.
Knollys, Major, 1885, Shaw, The Life Guardsman.
Mabbs G., The Churches in Nottinghamshire a Provision of Public Worship in the Midlands District 1879. p 52.
Mee, Arthur, 1938, The King’s England, pp. 70-71.
Pevsner, Nikolaus, 1979, The Buildings of England: Nottinghamshire. Revised by Elizabeth Williamson. p 106.
Report on the Manuscripts of Lord Middleton. Preserved at Wollaton Hall, Nottinghamshire (1911)
Simpson, Rev. Robert, 1836. State of the Church in the County of Nottingham and Diocese of York, Compiled from Authentic Sources with Hints for Its Improvement, pp. 24-5.
Stretton, William, 1910, The Stretton Manuscripts, pp. 34, 226.
Train, Keith, 1981, Train on Churches.
Truman & Marston, 1899, The History of Ilkeston, Dale Abbey, West Hallam, Shipley and Cossall. pp.383-9.
Watts, M.R. (editor), Religion in Victorian Nottinghamshire, the Religious Census of 1851. Volume 2. p 127.
Wood, A. C. 1971, A History of Nottinghamshire. p 60.
Ollard, S.L. and Walker, P.C. (editors), 1930, Archbishop Herring’s Visitation Returns 1743, The Yorkshire Archaeological Society VOL LXXVII, pp.166-7.
Young’s, History of Ilkeston, pp. 87-99
Elliot, Lee, 2000, Archaeological Recording at St Catherine’s Church and the Willoughby Burial Vault, Cossall, Nottinghamshire.Transactions of the Thoroton Society. VOL.CIV pp.83-96.
Truman, Nevil, 1947, Ancient Glass in Nottinghamshire,Transactions of the Thoroton Society, VOL.51, pp. 50- 62.
Bayes, Canon C.S., 1976, Nineteenth Century Notes on Nottinghamshire Churches, Transactions of the Thoroton Society, VOL LXXX, Folio 7-8.
Guilford, E.L., The Compton Census of Nottinghamshire in 1676, Thoroton Society Record Series VOL. XXVIII. pp. 106-7.
Train, K.S.S. (editor), 1952, Lists of the Clergy of Central Nottinghamshire, Thoroton Society Record Series VOL. XV.
Thoroton, Robert, 1790-96, republished 1972, Thoroton’s History of Nottinghamshire, republished with large additions by John Throsby, Vol. 2, pp. 215-217.
Standish, John (editor), Abstracts of the Inquisitions Post Mortem Relating to Nottinghamshire, Thoroton Society Record Series VOL. IV VOL II Henry III, Edward I & Edward II 1242 to 1321. pp.18-20, 20-23 and 105.
Fisher, Howard (editor), Church Life in Georgian Nottinghamshire:Archbishop Drummond’s Parish Visitation Returns 1764, Thoroton Society Record Series VOL. 46 pp. 200-201.
Valor Ecclesiasticus, 5 vols., Record Commission (1810-1834); Vol 5 (1825).
White’s Directory of Nottinghamshire 1832 p 562.
White’s Directory of Nottinghamshire 1853 p 370.
Wright’s Directory of Nottinghamshire 1883 p 401.