Located on the north wall, opposite the entrance doorway and below the inscribed plaster panel, the war memorial in Classical style, was made of marble and slate and inscribed:
THIS MEMORIAL IS ERECTED BY THE PARISHIONERS
OF COTTAM, IN PROUD AND GRATEFUL MEMORY
OF THOSE FROM THIS PARISH WHO FELL IN THE
GREAT WAR. 1914-1918.
“SEE THAT THEIR NAMES ARE NOT FORGOTTEN.”