For this church:
Darlton St Giles
In 1552 the church had 6 bells. However, as the tower was small these must have included the sanctus and handbells. By 1740 there were just three bells listed.
There are presently three bells all dating from 1787 located in the west tower. The inscription on each reads
Thomas Hilton of Wath is listed as the founder.
The bells hang in a wooden frame, Elphick type V, Pickford Group 6.B with end posts, with wooden headstocks and plain bearings. The bells and fittings were all completed by Thomas Hilton of Wath.