East Bridgford St Peter

Features and Fittings

Chancel

Altar

1901-14. Three parts, centre part the north end of a medieval altar stone.

Armchair

Wood, twentieth century

Bier lights

Two with turned wood shafts, twentieth century

Candlesticks

Two small standing ones, two altar ones, of turned wood, twentieth century

Stools

Two of wood, date uncertain

Candle extinguisher

Brass cone with rolled edge and patée cross finial

Altar cross

Latin, in wood, twentieth century

Sedilia in chancel
with piscina beside
The (former) piscina,
now a book niche

Sedilia in range with piscina

Fourteenth century restored to church 1903 with ogee heads, cylindrical shafts separating three seats and piscina

Altar rail

Plain wood, twentieth century

Aumbry

Fourteenth century

Benches

Two rows to the north and the south sides. Both front rows with integral kneelers, bookrests and poppy heads, circa nineteenth/twentieth centuries.

Clerk’s desk

One to north and one to south with armchair circa nineteenth/ twentieth centuries.

Bible

Full leather binding, printed and published 1813 by J Gleave, 196 Deansgate, Manchester

Roof

Tie beam, appears to have been restored above wall plate

Nave

Pulpit

Georgian of late eighteenth century with hexagonal drum, each facet having two shallow sunk panels, on hexagonal stem on a hexagonal plinth

Candlesticks

Two, of metal, twentieth century

Flower stand

Metal, twentieth century

Benches

Wood of nineteenth century with closed panel backs, shaped ends with simple moulded edging

Wands

Four churchwardens’ and vergers’ wands, two with brass mitre finials, and one with brass crown finial

Boards

Seven wood panels, three with list of rectors, four with list of charities

Royal coat of arms on west wallRoyal Coat of Arms

1603-1707 Garter Coat of Arms
  1 and 4, quarterly modern France and England
2 Scotland
3 Ireland

Lighting

Twentieth century up-lighting on arcades

Roof

Ridge, two purlins five rafters with decorated bosses and wall posts terminating in half length angels with spread wings and a decorated wall plate

North Aisle

Altar

Plain stone, brought from Chapel of the Society of the Sacred Mission, Kelham Hall, 1974

Candlesticks

Two flat brass candleholders, twentieth century

Benches

Wood of nineteenth century with closed panel backs, shaped ends with simple moulded edging

Banner

Mothers’ Union twentieth century

Chair

Glastonbury, undecorated

Prie dieu

Two wooden, dates uncertain

Roof

Wall posts decorated with escutcheons

Kneelers

Decorated with different symbols, twentieth century

South Aisle

Remembrance stand

Twentieth century Book of Remembrance stand with desk top with glazed top with shelf uniting the four column legs

Candleholders

Two twentieth century turned wood

Reredos

Decorated with polyptych with top rail with tracery

Cross

Brass altar cross with fleur de lys endings to arms

Cross

Processional with cross head painted

Statuette of Virgin and ChildStatuette

Statuette of Virgin and Child standing on wall bracket

Cross

Metal Corpus Christi fixed on wood Latin cross

Part of Saxon cross used as credence tableCredence table

Fragment of Saxon cross forming the base of credence table

Chair

Glastonbury, undecorated

Benches

Wood of nineteenth century with closed panel backs shaped ends with simple moulded edging

Banner

Processional banner of Mothers’ Union

Piscina

A pillar piscina with small octagonal basin with fluted shaft on square pedestal

Bookcase

Made in village in memory of Henry Russell, Rector’s Warden, 1962-65

Font

1663 with octagonal basin with decorated facets, octagonal shaft with alternate fleur de lys and tudor roses on facets, octagonal plinth. Formerly in Bingham Church.

Flagon

Brass flagon for filling font

Banners

Two British Legion banners

Plans

Plans of church at different periods, architect’s plan of 1913-14 and photocopy of enclosure plan

Lights

Four twentieth century metal pendant lights

Roof

Wall posts decorated with escutcheons

Door

The south door has a Suffolk latch dated 1663