For this church:
East Drayton St Peter
Features and Fittings
18 freestanding, dark wooden pews with carved ends and a cross motif, standing on wooden plinths either side of the central aisle: twelve 3.94m long, six various lengths, ie. 3.53m, 2.79m, 2.30m, 1.90m, 1.85m, 1.84m
Octagonal font on octagonal column on two-tiered octagonal base
Wooden panelled pulpit
15C canopied and vaulted screen with decorative bosses, trefoils and daggers. The original lower panels and the rood cross have not survived. Some poor restorative woodwork.
Two floor slabs: one with 14C stylised cross and worn inscription (Burgh family?), the other by its side to Elizabeth Ann Horrox, died 1st September 1810.
Five stone figures holding painted shields on the chancel arch. These are:
Needlework kneelers made by parishioners
Altar rail with twisted balusters
Rectangular piscina in south wall
Remnant of wall painting on stones in the arch of the door in the north wall.
Wooden roof has carved and painted decorated bosses and grotesque faces. Beams painted with scrolls and flowers. Eastern end gold stars on blue background.
A two-door carved wooden screen, opening inwards, covers the partially blocked-up west door. Each door has an upper section glazed in red glass. The decoration is in green stain. This area is curtained-off and used as a store for cleaning materials etc.
Remnants of wall painting on remnants of plaster on west end of north wall.
South Lady Chapel at east end
List of Incumbents on wooden wall panel
Ogee-arched piscina in South wall
The lower part of the tower arch is enclosed by a wooden screen forming the vestry on the ground floor and a balcony above to the bell ringer’s landing
The north and south walls of the bell ringing chamber are covered with approx. 60 surviving “cakes” or “cheeses”, being large circles (33 cm) painted in red ochre on a painted black background with initials and dates commemorating weddings 1777 - 1865
The belfry ceiling is painted with gold crosses and petals, green scrolls and petals, and a geometric design
Holy water stoup with small image recess above
Masons’ marks on stone
Two stone benches