East Markham St John the Baptist

Pictures

Click on any thumbnail image to display the full-size picture

Historical pictures

Grimm’s drawing of
the church in 1773
Sketch of figure on tower
by John Throsby (1790s)
Church from the
south-east c.1882
Church from the
north c.1905

Modern Photographs

The church seen from
the south-east
The church from
the north
Church from the
north-east
Upper stages
of tower from
the south-west
Sundial on parapet
of south aisle
Mass dial on
priest's door
Gargoyle

Plaque and roof
boss in porch
The nave
looking east
The north arcade and
clerestorey windows
The nave
looking south-west
The sanctuary
looking east
The frontals of the choir
stalls are dedicated to
Stafford Hempsall (1930)

View of chancel, choir
and 14th century
chancel arch
Judge Markham's
tomb chest
Detail of Meryng
brass in south aisle
Boss on nave roof

Detail of font
showing flying

buttresses

Detail of parclose screen
in south arcade
Human head label
stop on north arcade

Alms box

Detail of window in
south wall of
the sanctuary
Pre-Reformation altar
slab in north aisle
chapel
Tower screen