For this church:
Elton St Michael and All Angels
The church consists of chancel, nave, south porch and a low embattled west tower. The external walls are plastered in imitation of ashlar stonework.
The three-stage tower has an embattled parapet with corner pinnacles, clasping buttresses and the stages are marked by bands. It was constructed of brick during the 1855-7 restoration: there is a rainwater head dated 1856.
The embattled nave has a square porch on the south side and several lead rainwater heads dated 1857.
The earliest feature of the church is the blocked three-bay Transitional south arcade. It consists of 'round, double-chamfered arches on round piers with moulded capitals one with nailhead decoration visible.' The south aisle was demolished in 1786.