Elton St Michael and All Angels
The clock dial is attached to the east face of the tower.
The electric clock was installed in 1969 in memory of William Parr and his wife, Hilda. A plaque on the west wall of the nave reads:
To the Glory of God
and in affectionate memory of William Noel Parr
and Hilda Mary Grace, his wife,
the Church Clock was installed in 1969
by relations, friends and parishioners.
Noel Parr was the Southwell Diocesan Registrar,
the Bishop’s Legal Secretary and Churchwarden of
this Church for more than a quarter of a century
until his retirement in 1956 to Hampshire,
where they both died in 1967.
They were the great friends and providers
of this Church and Village.