For this church:
Epperstone Holy Cross
The churchyard lies mainly on the north side of the church and is well planted with trees. Pines, yews, copper beech and a grand Cedar of Lebanon were planted in 1836. The Epperstone WI prepared a list of graves and inscriptions in 1950 and this was updated in 2005 by James Gunn. The north part of the ground was originally part of the Rector’s glebe. A fence dividing it from the burial ground was removed by the churchwardens in 1866, but after a dispute the area remained as glebe until 1952 when this piece was formally added to the churchyard.
A footpath leads from the front of the church to link with cottages to the north.