Everton Holy Trinity
| The clock face
|| The clock
The clock, by G.F. Cope and Co. of Nottingham, was dedicated by the Bishop of Southwell in October 1926.
An inscription on a brass tablet in the church records:
|THE CLOCK IN THIS CHURCH WAS RE-ERECTED
BY JOHN THORNLEY TAYLOR IN AUGUST 1926
IN MEMORY OF HIS FATHER AND GRANDFATHER
REV. THOMAS THORNLEY TAYLOR
M.A., J.P., 1839-1922
EDWARD THOMAS TAYLOR
J.P., D.L, 1813-1890
LORDS OF THE MANOR OF SCAFTWORTH IN THIS PARISH.
The clock itself bears the inscription:
|G.F. Cope & Co. Nottm. 1926