For this church:
Farndon St Peter
There are six bells in the tower, formerly hung in a wooden frame, Elphick Type ‘W’, designed for four bells. In late 1998 the bells and frame were removed from the tower for restoration and augmentation to six (from the earlier four) by Hayward Mills Associates. The frame, on close examination, was found to be dated 1703 in two separate places.
Bell details are:
Before 1998 the details of the treble were:
Remvnerabit Coelvm Benefactoribvs Meis 1710 – by the founder William Noone
This bell was removed from the ring as it was fund to be un-tuneable and is now in safe storage.
There are no returns for the 1552 Edward VI inventory, but in 1740 there were two bells recorded (probably an error).