For this church:
Features and Fittings
Click the numbers in the key plan for details of the items.
Oak table of simple design with crosses incised into four corners of the solid oak top.
Given by Miss Wilkins.
It is approximately 5' x 2' 6” x 3' high.
Designed by E.V. Royle and made by C.G. Rhodes of Farnsfield in 1961.
They were given by the Hatcher family in memory of Clara Hatcher in 1961.
A brass dedication plate on the end of the choir stalls reads:
Designed by E.V. Royle and made by C.G. Rhodes of Farnsfield.
It was given by Lucian Easter Smith in memory of Henry Valentine Smith (died 1898).
Modern altar cross of simple design.
A brass plate on the cross reads:
Laudian oak, designed and made by Faith Craft (St Albans) in 1958.
Given by Miss Althea Lea in memory of her sisters Florence May and Lucy Augusta.
Oak chest, approximately 3' 6” x 1' 6” x 2'.
A dedication plate on the top of the chest reads:
At the west end of the south aisle is a memorial book cabinet made of oak with a glass top.
The following dedication is carved on the bottom rail:
There is also a plate on the top of the cabinet which reads:
A plate on top reads:
Oak table, approximately 4'6” x 2' 6” x 3'.
On the side of the table is a plate with the following dedication:
Plan chest with six drawers acquired from council offices. It measures approximately 3' x 4' x 3'.
The panels depict, by the use of symbols, the abiding truths of the Christian Church and the history of St. Michael's Church.
The table is located in the north aisle by the north door. It is a modern side table made of oak, with four legs with curved top.
A plate on the side of the table reads:
The reredos was originally behind the altar and 'carved by the daughter of the Rev Henry Wilkins in the attic of the Old Vicarage on Main Street'. It was made by village children under the direction of Miss A. Wilkins and re-erected as vestry screen by Miss 'Bobby' Wilkins.
Additional panelling came from St Barnabas' Church, Grimsby.
Designed by E. Vernon Royle, made by C.G. Rhodes in 1962.
A brass plate in the centre reads:
An old lectern with a dedication
plate on the top which reads:
The oblations table was designed and made by C.G. Rhodes in 1969.
It was given by Farnsfield friends in memory of Sam Cheetham, verger from 1959 to 1968.
Stained pitched pine nave pews of simple design, on softwood raised flooring.
The rear pews were removed under a faculty of 1965.
A sloping litany desk of oak is attached.
There is a single painting on the wall of the tower.
There are also a small number of portraits of former vicars (including Canon Whitelegge) stored in the tower.