For this church:
The pre-1840 church appears, from the evidence of a painted panel and minor survivals in the existing building, to have work dating from the 12th through to the 15th centuries. Although little of this date now survives it is expected that below-ground stratigraphy will contain material representing these phases.
Both the font bowl and west doorway appear to be reused work of c. 1150, although the west doorway is clearly very heavily reworked at the time of the rebuilding and may in fact be entirely of 1840-1. The east window appears to retain some medieval tracery, probably of the 15th century. The two bells date to the second quarter of the 14th century.
The present building comprises nave with small north porch, chancel, and west tower and dates from 1840-1 with a restoration of 1892. Construction is of red brick with partial rendering. Architectural style varies with the reworked Norman west doorway and mainly 13th and 14th century window lights.
The first floor of the tower contains a small light in the west wall giving a view into the nave and was probably intended for use as a ringing chamber.