For this church:
Flawborough St Peter
Features and Fittings
A circular Norman font bowl still exists, with a diameter of 68.6cm, and it is ornamented with interlaced arcading. The font is late in the style and has been dated to c1150. It is located in the south-west corner of the nave. It has unlined cylindrical bowl tapering out slightly towards the top standing on a later octagonal plinth and base. It is decorated with 21 bays of blind arcading with intersecting arches in low relief with plain capitals above the necking and shallow rectangular bases. However, there is some damage to the south side and a portion of the rim on the west side has been replaced.
The panelled octagonal pulpit, stalls, desks and benches, altar rail on scrolled iron stands and bracketed wrought iron lectern all date from the 1892 restoration. The font was also placed on a stone base at this time.
Before the church closed in 2009 there were also a plain pre-reformation chest of c1500 and a framed donations board referring to the 1841 restoration, which includes a painting of the previous church.
On the south wall of the chancel there is a restored, 13th century piscina.