For this church:
Gamston and Bridgford St Luke
There is only one decorative stained glass window in St Luke’s Church – an anonymous gift from a parishioner in 1950. Set in a rectangular wooden frame it comprises three portrait-orientated lights separated by vertical wooden bars and was probably executed by the firm of Pope and Parr in Nottingham. The central light shows a Celtic Cross incorporating the motif of the Endless Knot. It is flanked by two blazons. On the right (facing) are the crossed keys of St Peter denoting the Province of York. On the left is the coat of arms of the Southwell Diocese.
The window was first installed in the bay at the eastern end of the ‘Huts’ behind the altar. It was then moved to the east wall of the wooden church, again as a backdrop to the altar and there it remained until 1995. Despite the window’s sentimental and historic worth the designs for the extension did not include it in any of the walls in the body of the church. Nevertheless, it was kept, re-leaded and installed in the west wall of the vestry.
All other glass is plain.