For this church:
Greasley St Mary
To the memory of Ruby Ward 1925-1988. Ruby Ward was organist at Newthorpe Baptist Chapel and deputised as organist at St Mary’s. She was pianist for Eastwood Colliery Male Voice Choir and the Kimberley And District Musical Society. The window carries images of St Mary’s and Newthorpe Baptist Chapel and the letters KDMS and ECMVC. This window was dedicated on March 24th 1991 and was designed by Michael Stokes of Harlequin Stained Glass.
To the memory of Eric Rowley 1921-92 who served St Mary’s for 60 years as a chorister, was church treasurer and for 50 years crucifer. The window was dedicated December 5, 1993 by the Bishop of Southwell and was designed by Michael Stokes of Harlequin Stained Glass. The cross illustrated is the upper part of the one carried by Eric and which is in the chancel.
In memory of Lancelot Rolleston KCB, DSO 1848-1941 and his wife Emma Maude Charlotte. It was dedicated in 1960 and incorporates pieces of glass taken from Watnall Hall, the Rolleston family home prior to it being demolished. The window bears an image of Watnall Hall. The designer is not recorded.
Designed by H.T. Hincks of Nottingham. Two roundels of glass depicting St Agatha and St Lucy, said to be from Beauvale Priory and which were previously in a window in Beauvale Manor Farm. There are also the arms of Nicholas de Cantelupe and the Common Seal of the Priory taken from a wax impression of the seal in the British Museum.
This is another by Michael Stokes and was dedicated on March 24th, 1991. It is in memory of Jefferey Whitham and given by his wife in recognition of the support and comfort she received from the church when her husband died. The only indication of his name is his initials. The window contains representations of a cup and saucer and the Mothers’ Union symbol as well as golf and an anchor.
The remaining windows contain no coloured glass.
(Please note that several of these windows do not show up well in photographs because of the proximity of large trees, etc.)