For this church:
The church originally possessed four bells, which were supplemented by two further bells in 2001, creating a new treble and a new second. The bells are as follows:
The bells are hung in a cast-iron low-sided frame for 6 bells made by Fred Pembleton of Glapwell in 1988, with cast-iron canon-retaining headstocks and ball bearings. The frame is lower in the tower than the old wooden frame (Elphick type V) which apparently dates from the eighteenth century. Prior to the rehanging, they had been rehung by Whites of Appleton earlier in the twentieth century. Until 1988 they were in a minor key, but careful retuning brought them into F#.
In 2001 the original peal of four was augmented to six using two redundant bells, creating a new treble, cast by Mears and Stainbank of London in 1924, and a new second, cast by John Warner of London in 1867. These were hung by John Taylor Bellfounders Ltd of Loughborough. The 1867 bell was donated by Peter and Linda Andrews in memory of their son, who was tragically killed in a traffic accident.
Minta quotes the Revd Wilson’s accounts for 1705, in which 13s was paid for ‘Bell Brass and Bell wheel mending’.