For this church:
Gringley on the Hill St Peter and St Paul
The organ was given in 1912 by Sir Joseph Laycock, the lay Rector, who was donating a new organ to Clayworth church, and suggested that the one taken out could come to Gringley. It is by Bevington & Sons of Soho, and dates from c. 1870. The firm was the first to offer high-quality instruments, built to the client’s specification from pre-fabricated parts. This meant that an organ could be supplied in days rather than weeks.
It was renovated in memory of Clara Alice Wadsworth, who died on September 22nd 1960, by her sons Leonard and Douglas, the renovations being carried out by Aistrup and Hind.
The technical specification of the organ is available on the National Pipe Organ Register website.