For this church:
Features and Fittings
Pine of 1884, replacing earlier box pews. Those in the chancel may be of 1862 when the chancel was restored
Carved oak, representing St Michael and the dragon, given by the family of the Rev Robert Smith.
Circular, ashlar, on four colonnades and a central column, diaper decoration on upper part of bowl. In the late C12th style but heavily re-tooled probably in 1884.
At the base of the Tower.
In three parts.
Centre section: Gift of 100 pounds by Mary Sturtevant of Newark-on-Trent to the Minster church and the poor of Halam.
Bottom section John Walters and Charles Denison of Halam 1686.
The gift of Winifred Alcock of Halam Manor, given in 1953 to celebrate the coronation of Elizabeth II.
Boards bearing the Ten Commandments and the Lord’s Prayer are on the north nave wall.