For this church:
Halloughton St James
The bell is inscribed:
The bell was recast by Taylors of Loughborough in 1962 after the old bell was found to be damaged. This previous bell was the work of William Noone and was 16.5” in diameter.
In the 1552 survey there were two bells in the steeple, and in 1740 there were reportedly four bells, but this latter figure is thought to be an error.