Halloughton St James
Features and Fittings
The south wall of chancel includes an arched piscina.
17th century altar table.
A pair of brass candlesticks carry the legend:
|In the memory of Lt. Reginald Lucien Ward
who died in action Good Friday 1916
These were presented by his father, the Rev Herbert Marlow Ward, MA who was the vicar for Bleasby with Halloughton from April 1917 until his resignation in August 1920.
19th century circular font, with scalloped seating to a circular base.
South wall of nave incorporates the remains of a decoratively carved corbel.
14th century chancel screen with blind cusped traceried panels and similar open panels over. A band of brattishing extends over the top.
The oak lectern was a present from the parish of Bleasby in 1879.
A lectern Bible in a modern translation for use when young people are present, was donated in memory of Edwin Steemson of Doncaster Farm. A farmer and churchwarden he died in 1984, his body born to church by horse and cart. A walnut tree was also planted in the churchyard in his memory. Another farmer, John (Jack) Elliott is remembered by a horse chestnut tree and plaque on the eastern boundary of the churchyard.
The church fund box (which does not contain money) inset into the wall is in memory of the Ibbotsons who lived at Sycamore Cottage across the road. Albert was churchwarden from 1966 whilst his wife, Clara Eliza played the organ 1960-1977.
Remaining furniture 19th century.
The oak gate, 1980, to the churchyard is to the memory of Mrs Elizabeth (Ethel) Elliott of Holly Lodge.