For this church:
Harby with Swinethorpe All Saints
Features and Fittings
The reredos by James Powell and Sons of Whitefriars is a mosaic showing the four evangelists Matthew, Mark, Luke & John and four archangels, with a white marble cross in the centre, the gift of Mrs Jarvis of Doddington Hall in 1877.
Piscina and Sedilia
The sedilia and piscina were given by the Rev Mr Harries in memory of parishioners John and Eleanor Grubbe.
In the chancel are two Glastonbury Oak chairs given by Miss Freeth in 1877
The pulpit of Caen stone with serpentine bosses in the cinquefoils was presented by Mr George Freeth, with the brass rails and those of the altar rail presented by his sister Miss Freeth in 1877.
A framed print on the south wall shows the arrival of Queen Eleanor’s cortège at St Albans, the original painted in the early 20th century by Frank O Salisbury hangs in St Alban’s Cathedral.
The octagonal font from the old church is late medieval (c1500-50) with shields in quatrefoil panels, still with faint traces of paint that once decorated it.
Under the tower is a late 19th century funeral bier and a bible from the old chapel.
Over the tower door is a statue by Earp of Lambeth of Queen Eleanor in a canopied niche, flanked by the arms of León & Castile, England and Ponthieu.