For this church:
Hucknall St Mary Magdalene
Tradition has it that Sir John Byron of Newstead Abbey presented Hucknall church with a bell, believed to be the Angelus Bell from Newstead. The bell still hangs in the tower, although it is not a part of the current 8-bell ring.
His great-grandson, Sir John Byron, donated another bell in 1639 to mark the centenary of the Reformation. A third bell was added in 1749.
A new ring of 8 bells was commissioned from John Taylor of Loughborough in 1958. The 1639 and 1749 bells were melted down and their metal was used towards the founding of the new ring.