For this church:
Keyworth’s only war memorials to the fallen are two alabaster plaques placed towards the rear of the nave of the church, relating to the first and second World Wars respectively.
The First World War plaque contains the names of 27 men. The population of Keyworth was then about 800, so this represented about one in thirty of the population, or perhaps one in five of men of fighting age. All were in the army, ten in the Sherwood Foresters. They included one sergeant, two corporals and 24 privates, reflecting the ‘working class’ nature of Keyworth’s population at the time. One, Henry Marriott, is buried in the churchyard. The Wargraves Commission makes an annual contribution for the upkeep of the grave. The names also include four members of the Disney family - three brothers and their uncle.
Above the names and beneath a simple cross is the inscription:
Below the names is a further inscription:
The Second World War plaque is placed immediately below and is smaller, containing nine names, four in the R.A.F. and five in the army. There is no further inscription other than the dates 1939-1946.