For this church:
Features and Fittings
The altar table is situated on a raised platform finished in Victorian tiling. It is of oak with a delicately carved front panel displaying the letters "IHS" in the centre.
According to Magill:
material used at the coronation service of Queen Elizabeth II in 1954 in Westminster Abbey was given to the church and made into an altar frontal.
(The Duke of Norfolk being the Earl Marshall of England, was responsible for the coronation arrangements. He was married to Lady Lavinia Belper, daughter of the 3rd Baron Belper.)
The Reredos on which the altar cross is mounted is, like the font, of carved Chellaston alabaster, a local material. The Strutt family owned the Kingston on Soar gypsum mine and much quality alabaster has been mined in this area and was used to adorn many grand houses and buildings.
There are three communion rails of polished brass surrounding the altar table. They have stout top rails supported on shaped brass pillars.
There is a set of sedilia on the north wall of the sanctuary.
The pews are oak. They are contemporary with the present building with the exception of the family pews of the Lords of the Manor, which are older, possibly early 19th century. The first and second pews are decorated at each end with a carved "Poppy Head".
There is a set of three wooden seats, possibly originally another set of sedilia. These are currently at the back of the church next to the font, clearly placed there to be used during baptisms.
The pulpit is of oak and is of a similar age to the pews. There is no sounding board.
One desk is of dark oak, and is older than most of the furniture in the church, and possibly of similar age to the Babbington family pews.
A second small desk, not currently in use, is housed adjacent to the Babbington monument in the south chapel and is of similar age to the one in use.
Mid 20th century Chelaston alabaster font, given to the church by Algernon the third Baron Belper in memory of his mother, Lady Margaret Belper in 1933. The inscription at the base reads:
The Victorian font is now at Ratcliffe on Soar Holy Trinity.