For this church:
Kneesall St Bartholomew
Features and Fittings
The 19th century square stone font on a round stem, with flanking shafts and lead lining, formerly in the nave, is now outside by the porch and contains plants. It originally had a wooden cover dating from 1926. This probably replaced an eggcup font with a square base; since the alterations to the nave, this font, still in the chancel, has been restored to use.
The original 19th century iron tripod lectern, altar rails, 15th century benches and ashlar pulpit have all been removed.
There is an oak communion table with bulbous legs dating from the 17th century which acts as an altar.
There is an aumbrey in the wall with a raised cross and a piscina in the south wall of the chancel.
The communion book was reported stolen in 1601 and the chest in which it was kept broken, presumably in a burglary.
Registers date from 1682.