Holy Trinity


The church lies within the centre of its churchyard, all centrally positioned in the village.

To the south there is a large extent with burials and traditional grave markers.

To the east there are burials and grave markers, the land falling away to the road below along steps.

To the west there is a small area of churchyard bounded by the rear elevations of C19th houses.

To the north there is a large area with few burials, the land falls away steeply to a stream and road below.

View from NEThe churchyard was closed by Order in Council on 31 December 1896.

The Burials Register dates from 1560, but records are missing between the years 1640-1754.