For this church:
Mansfield St Lawrence
Two brief notes in the church records mention that an organ was installed in 1910 and a service of dedication in 1912, when Mr. R.W. Liddle, the organist of Southwell Minster gave a recital. It is not clear if these relate to the same instrument. The original plans for the church show that the organ was to be located in the north transept.
The present organ 2001 is located under the arch of the north transept immediately behind the choir stalls. It is has a light oak frame with two glass doors enclosing the two key boards and the stops. The stops are porcelain with black lettering. A small brass plate is inscribed: