For this church:
Mansfield St Peter and St Paul
In 1794 there is the earliest reference to an organ in the church. The inhabitants gained permission from the Archbishop to install an organ in the gallery at the west of the church. The town was able to vote on who was to be appointed as the organist and a man who formerly played at York minster was appointed.
At the start of the twentieth century an organ chamber was built in the south chapel and housed the previously free standing organ.
In 1971 there was a new organ installed which formerly stood in Clare College Cambridge and was restored by Mander & Son.