For this church:
Mansfield Woodhouse St Edmund
The present day clock, situated on the east and south faces of the tower, was a generous gift by the directors of the Sherwood Colliery Company and was dedicated on Advent Sunday 1930. Makers of the clock were J Smith & Sons, Derby, makers of many of the largest clocks in the country, including St Paul’s Cathedral. The two faces are six feet in diameter and the movement of the clock is fixed on a platform above the bells and behind the dials. The Westminster chimes are struck on the first, second, third and sixth of the church bells, the hour also being struck on the tenor. The clock is automatically wound by electric motors. All the work is built on steel girders and enclosed in a glass-fronted case covered with lead.