For this church:
Mattersey All Saints
Features and Fittings
1 of Oak in the Sanctuary (66" x 31½" x 35" high)
1 of Oak in Lady Chapel (65½" x 25½" x 39" high)
Carved Oak, on a stone base, fitted with brass sermon desk.
A small brass plate is inscribed:
Carved Oak eagle lectern
A brass plate inscribed:
An inscription reads:
Victorian - stone font supported on four black marble columns.
Victorian - Carved Oak in Gothic style. Connected to counterbalance weight
Note: Archive material states that the font and canopy where installed on 8 July 1857 in memory of the Rev W C Fenton (died 1885) resulting from subscriptions collected by his 3 daughters
1 oak crosspiece - fronting the lower tower.
On the South Sanctuary Wall
St Martin dividing his clock with a beggar
On the North Sanctuary Wall
St Helena finding the true cross
Both of these reliefs date from the early part of the 14th century. They were discovered under the Chancel floor in c1800 and were stored in the vestry. They are much worn and probably came from Mattersey Priory, perhaps from a stone reredos.