For this church:
The building is largely constructed from grey Skerry sandstone; there are some repairs to the south elevation in Carboniferous sandstone. The mouldings around the windows, buttress facings and bell turret are of Lincolnshire Limestone likely to be Ancaster.
The characteristics of the Skerry sandstone are those typical of the Tuxford-Maplebeck-Kneesall area.
The roof is made of plain red tiles.
Internally the building is lined with brick.
There are no comparable buildings locally, but churches designed by the same architect, Henry Clutton, and in similar style can be seen, for example, at St Francis of Assisi RC church, Pottery Lane, Notting Hill, London, built shortly before Moorhouse Chapel, or St Mary of the Angels RC church, Worthing, built in 1864.
Thanks to Dr Steve Parry for help and advice on the stonework.