For this church:
Newark St Augustine
Features and Fittings
Altar rails: simply moulded pair of altar rails, probably Victorian.
Pews: ornate pews in the nave with 'poppy headed' bench ends, all Victorian.
Pulpit: open lattice pulpit with plain rectangular panels, simple steps, on free standing supports, and painted white. Date unknown.
Cross of Nails: against the pulpit on the east wall of the nave a simple cross formed to appear as crossed nails with heads at each principal side and head. It was made by Mr Robert Kiddey and given by Joan Thomas in memory of her mother. Date unknown.
Foundation stone: located on the exterior west wall, south side, a very weathered stone commemorating the foundation of the church.
Font: There was no font at the church. Although the lack of a font was raised during the Diamond Jubilee celebrations in June 1946 and discussed by the churchwardens (where it was suggested that Robert Kiddey should be approached about the design and production) no progress was made.