For this church:
Description of the bricks
The church is built of brick supplied by the Colliery suppliers. There is a note in the minutes of the Building Committee to indicate that the supply of bricks was held up “for want of coal”, caused by the strike in 1926. (The miners stayed out for five months longer than other workers).
Description of the stone
Stone is used for the chancel paving and for the commemorative stones in the chancel.