For this church:
Normanton-on-Trent St Matthew
The clock dates from 1897 and was installed on the eastern elevation of the tower, in honour of Queen Victoria’s diamond jubilee.
Made by Messrs J Smith and Sons of Derby, it was dedicated and started by the Bishop of Derby on 7th October 1897. Soon after the clock was installed, it was decided to finance its cleaning and repairs by the proceeds of the collection one Sunday per annum.
The clock utilises the church bells to mark the time. The hours are chimed on the treble bell, and the quarters on the treble and tenor bells.