For this church:
From the minutes of a vestry meeting held on 11 April 1793:
Agreed upon by those whose hands are here underwritten, that there shall be five bells
Joseph Cambe (churchwarden), John Bingley (churchwarden), Thomas Moore, Jonathan Crowden, Elizabeth Sherratt, John Sherrat, Jeromia Kirk, Francis Lilleman X his mark, George Bingham, John Greasby, John Goodger, Thos White, John Pearce, William Snow, John Pittinger, Thomas Kidney, George Holmes, John Kidney, Francis Porter, Edward Lane, John Smith, Sam Smith, John Freeman, Richard Clayton, John Pagden, James Ostick, Absolom Newton, George Black, William Bromhead.
The incumbent in 1793 was the Reverend William Bristoe. The bells were cast by Hilton of Wath and were ready for ringing before Christmas 1793. The five bells had Latin inscriptions, which they still carry.
Many of the descendants of those named above subscribed to the rehanging of the bells in 1896 when a new treble was added. This bell was cast by John Warner and Sons, London, from two of the bells from St Helen’s Church, South Wheatley. The inscription read: CANTATA DOMINO CANTICUM NOVUM [Sing to the Lord a new song] and it weighed 3 cwt 7 lb. The six bells were then rehung in a new frame by Mallaby of Masham. A new ringing floor was made above the west window, which had previously been hidden from view from the nave.
In July 1926, the foundations of the Church were in need of restoration, the tower was declared unsafe and was supported by an external wooden framework resulting in the bells remaining silent for 32 years. Eventually the tower was made safe and bells 2, 3 and 4 were recast, the others quarter-turned and all rehung on ball bearings. This work was carried out by John Taylors of Loughborough. The bells were rededicated on 6 June 1958 at a special service led by the Reverend Canon R F Wilkinson, Canon of Southwell and Rector of West Bridgford.
Details of the bells now are:
In 2008 the bells were serviced by John Taylors of Loughborough and in June the 50th anniversary of the rededication of the bells was celebrated.