For this church:
The War Memorial situated in the churchyard was unveiled at a service at 3.00pm on 28 July 1920. A service booklet was published for the occasion, and the stone was unveiled by W H Mason Esq, Lord of the Manor of South Wheatley. According to the booklet the memorial was:
Erected by the inhabitants of North and South Wheatley, in grateful memory of the Men, who having set forth to save their homes from the hands of the enemy, 1914-1918, departed hence, and were no more seen.
The Roll of the Fallen