For this church:
In the 1552 inventory of Edward VI there were three bells in the steeple.
In 1740 there were four bells, but in 1764 there were only three again ‘but all crackt’.
There is now one bell in a small wooden frame, Elphick ‘Z’, Pickford Group 6.B. but with unusually large jack-braces (similar to Southwell Minster). The bell is the work of Thomas II Hedderly and is inscribed:
Hedderley recorded the cost as £26 2s 2d and having received ‘13 Hnd 2 2 of old Mettle’; he submitted an estimate for a further three bells but these were never ordered.
In addition there are six hemispherical bells, not dated, but probably cast in 1879.